Special Announcement for the Flu Season
Stuck at home? Here’s a thought.
Social distancing, the corona virus, and seasonal flu have created disruption everywhere. Teachers and parents are talking online about how to create as much normalcy as possible by keeping a schedule.
Smart Steps Mobile is here to help structure your day. To make it easy, Smart Steps offers a special free upgrade for you, your family, or your classroom. This allows you to design decision trees in order to reinforce routines and build structure. Here’s a demonstration of how it can work for you:
- Make a step by step list for a morning routine to follow by pressing buttons one at a time: (shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush teeth, comb hair). Following steps gives a sense of safety and security at a time when the schedule is not normal.
- Create an hourly schedule that will show up in the Smart Steps Mobile app on your child or student’s phone or tablet. The first layer of buttons will show up in the app as a list of 5 options. The student chooses the correct button, which opens to the options for that part of the schedule only.
- Plan options within each timeframe of your schedule (for 8:00 breakfast and morning stretch time; 9-10: class meeting or quiet reading using —, for 10-11: creative time using —-; 11-1:00: lunch and active movement; 1-2:30 math and language arts; 2:30-4:00 learning apps). As your child or student clicks on the first timeframe of the schedule, for example, 9:00-10:00, they will see Breakfast. After they click Breakfast, they will see Brush Teeth. If they click 10:00-11:00, they will see all 3 options on the same screen since those are all connected to the 10:00-11:00 button, rather than being connected vertically like the first timeframe.
- If you want to get fancy, you can upload images that will fit on the left side of the button. This will provide some visual cues for the schedule and reduce the need to read each button. By the way, there is also a read-aloud icon on each button!
I created this in just a few minutes. If you need help creating your schedule, give me a shout and I’ll help you get started.
For your free upgrade:
Sign up or log in to your free account.
- Press upgrade button for the monthly plan. Use coupon code corona2020 after entering credit card info. It will give you 3 free months.
- OR email/message Smart Steps to have a group account set up. Provide the email addresses that you need to have in the same group account. The group account will be active from the time that you sign up through August 1, 2020. This option does not require a credit card number.
Here’s to good health and learning during this time of restructuring the way we work and go to school!
Cindy Fisher, Ed.D.
President and CEO
Smart Steps LLC
Facebook: Smart Steps 4 me
(C)2020 Smart Steps LLC